24th – 25th of May 2018
Smart Cities / Regions
Technical, economic and social innovations
The 10th BUIS-Tage 2018 (“CEMIS-Days”, Corporate Enviromental Management Information Systems) are organized by the Center for Environmental and Sustainability Research (COAST) of the University of Oldenburg. The focus is on “smart” cities and regions. The sustainable development of such structures is not limited to individual aspects – the interaction is crucial. The conference will present innovative methods and concepts in the interaction of science, business, politics and society.
The different information technology solutions and approaches are reflected in current (planned) smart cities and regions. These provide an indication of how the impact of sustainable ideas and solutions will impact the environment in the upcoming years. The conference aims to discuss innovative approaches (technical, economic and social) in expert sessions and show how corporate environmental information systems can influence these developments.
Welcome to the 10th BUIS days in Oldenburg. We are looking forward to see you.
Call for Papers
Submission of contributions
Submission of contributions
The conference system is now available:
EasyChair BUIS-Tage 2018
Upload your paper as PDF-File (.pdf)!
Attention: Registration of authors
Please note the “deadline for author registration” when submitting the final, reproducible contribution (i.e. at least one author must be registered on the 10. BUIS-Tagen 2018), otherwise your contribution may not appear at the conference.
For the submission of your contribution from Science and Industry (contributions also in English with German summary possible) to the BUIS-days and publication of the proceedings in Springer Verlag (only for the categories full paper and short paper) are the following categories available:
- Fullpaper (max. 10 pages) will be peer-reviewed. Accepted contributions receive approx. 15 minutes for presentation.
- Short Paper (max. 6 pages) will be peer-reviewed. Accepted contributions receive approx. 15 minutes for presentation.
- Extended Abstract for industrial contributions: this entry (max. 2 pages) is aimed primarily at industrial partners who would like to present their innovative ideas and approaches related to the topics of the 10th BUIS-days. The presentation takes place in a poster session (poster or similar form flyer, product display, etc. are possible) for all industrial contributions.
You can submit full and short papers, student contributions or extended abstracts (industry contributions) on all other BUIS-relevant topics that are not covered by the previous tracks. We look forward to your ideas and research results and would like to discuss them at the 10th BUIS-Tage 2018 in Oldenburg. Please select “Further CEMIS relevant topics” in the conference tool.
Best Paper Student Award 10th BUIS-Tage 2018
For entries (short and full paper) in the student corner
The promotion of young scientists and the critical examination of sustainable topics is of particular importance for the conference. Thanks to a sponsorship, it is possible to award a “Best Paper Student Award 10th BUIS-Tage 2018 2018”, which is determined on the basis of the evaluation of a jury of experts and the participants of the conference.
The award ceremony will take place as part of the closing event, May 25th 2018, and the “Best Paper Student Award 10th BUIS Days 2018” is endowed with 250€.
During the 10. BUIS-Tage 2018 in Oldenburg we want to give all participants the opportunity to inform themselves about the ongoing project “Artombo” and to support it. The project, a cooperation between Nelson Mandela University, South Africa, and German universities supported by the DAAD, has set itself the goal of offering high-quality art instruction for learners who would otherwise not have the opportunity to do so. In addition to artistic skills, students are taught various life skills. The results of the learners will be presented at the conference.
Thanks to all supporters
Your help makes the 10th BUIS-Tage 2018 possible!
- Broete-Automation GmbH
- CEWE Stiftung & Co. KGaA
- ecco ecology + communication Unternehmensberatung GmbH
- einfach.effizient. GmbH&Co. KG
- Kisters AG
- KPMG AG Wirtschaftsprüfungsgesellschaft
- OFFIS e.V.
- Stadt Oldenburg (Oldb)
- the peak lab.
- Volkswagen AG
- worldiety GmbH
- Digital Platforms for Smart Cities
- Big Data and Open Governance in Smart Cities
- Mobility und Supply Infrastructures in Smart Regions
- Technology Innovation for Sustainable Mobility
- Energy and Resource Efficiency
- Sustainable Entrepreneurship
- Corporate Environmental Management Information Systems – Integration and Use in Practice
- GIS und Dimensional Planning
- Smart City – Transformation of classic industrial and commercial areas
- Industrial Ecology and Energy Systems
- Cascade use and renewable products
- Students’ corner
Industrial and students’ contributions are welcome to all mentioned topics.
The 10th BUIS-Tage registration system is open for your enrollment. Additionally to the registration students need to send the certificate of enrollment by e-mail to email@example.com
The conference dinner for the 10th BUIS Days 2018 will take place on Thursday 24 May. Additional registration is required if you wish to attend the conference dinner.
In consultation with the caterer special food requirements (e. g. vegetarian) or food allergies can be taken into account. Please inform us by 10th May 2018 at the latest, in addition to registering for the conference and conference dinner, of your requirements/restrictions for better planning via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Deadlines and more
Submission of contributions
Notification of acceptance
Submission of final paper and registration of authors